TANG, a network of hundreds of African organisations and individual members in Germany, is inviting African entrepreneurs in the country to a video conference on how to access government support within the framework of the social protection package introduced in response to the corona crisis. The organisation provides information on the relief package and how African business people can apply for grants under the scheme.
The crisis caused by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, which has brought large parts of public life to a standstill, is causing enormous problems for many businesses, both large and small.
The Federal Government, through its social protection package (Sozialschutz-Paket) law, which entered into force on 28 March 2020, has earmarked funds for the support of such businesses to enable them survive the crisis.
For example, 50 billion euros has been set aside under the relief package to support self-employed and small business owners as well as solo entrepreneurs, such as travel agents, shipping agents, hairdressers, barbers, musicians, artists or photographers.
- Businesses with up to five (full-time equivalent) employees can apply for a one-off grant of up to 9,000 euros for a period of three months.
- Businesses with up to ten (full-time equivalent) employees can apply for a one-off grant of up to 15,000 euros for a period of three months.
- Solo entrepreneurs (one-person businesses), freelancers and small business owners could also receive up to 9,000 euros in grants under the federal scheme.
The reliefs can only be applied for through the respective state governments from 1 March 2020 to 30 June 2020 – if necessary, the Federal Government could extend them until 31 December 2020. More than 500,000 entrepreneurs have already benefited from the scheme as of 14 April.
State governments are also complementing the efforts of the Federal Government by offering additional support.
Against the background that African entrepreneurs have been particularly hit by the crisis, The African Network of Germany (TANG) is currently holding a video conference series to support them in accessing the grants.
The video conference, which started on 9 April, provides information on the relief package and how African business owners can benefit from it. According to Dr Sylvie Nantcha, chairman of TANG, entrepreneurs are important to the economy as they pay taxes and create jobs. “They’re currently in a very precarious situation as a result of the corona crisis; in fact, many face existential threat.”
The video conference continues on Thursday, 16 April and TANG is calling on prospective African beneficiaries to participate. Detailed information will be provided on the relief package and how to apply for it, and whatever problems business owners might be experiencing in benefiting from the scheme will be dealt with at the virtual meeting.
How to join the TANG’s Video Conference for African Entrepreneurs
- TANG’s Video conference on the Corona-Crisis
- Date: Every Thursday in April
- Next Meeting: Thursday, 16 April, from 10:00 to 11:30 hours.
- Join the Zoom-Meeting by clicking on the following link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/367195912?pwd=Q25wMWIwY2dVNXN6RkNXRkN0cElVZz09
- Meeting-ID: 367 195 912
- Passwort: 209313