Abia State Government Special Announcement
Setting up of Committee for the Actualisation of Abia State Diaspora Land Development
Following Abia State Government’s approval of a parcel of land to be set aside for investment and development by Diasporans of Abia origin for which the Diasporan community will also have the responsibility to find the resources, design and develop the infrastructure which will include residential areas, social, health, educational and commercial facilities such as hospital/clinics, schools, departmental stores, and recreational centers, the State Government hereby constitute a committee as follows:
1. Dr Mrs Ngozi Ogbonna-Erondu, Special Adviser on Diaspora Matters and Special Duties to the Governor – Coordinator
2.. Dr. Alwell Nwankwoala (America) – Chairman
3. Attorney Osita Ogbunamiri (America) – Member
4. Attorney Robert Akomah (America) – Member
5. Hon Nnamdi Nwankpa (Europe) – Member
6. Lady Caroline Kalu (Europe) – Member
7. Engr. Emeka Ukaobasi (United Kingdom) – Member
8. Hon Emmanuel Paul Irechi (Africa) – Member
9. Hon Collins Mgbo (Africa) – Secretary
10. Engr Austin Anyigadi Agbara (Asia) – Member
11. Barr. Sam Hart (Nigeria) – Member
12. Hon Benard Ekwubiri (Nigeria) – Member
The committee is charged with the duty of working with the Ministry of Lands to complete the acquisition process, determine the criteria for participation, nature of investment, designs for infrastructure and facilitate the execution of the Diaspora land development.
The committee is expected to submit recommendations by the end of the year to the Executive Governor, Dr Okezie Ikpeazu, through the Special Adviser on Diaspora Matters and Special Duties, Dr Ngozi Ogbonna-Erondu.
The Deputy Governor, Rt Hon. Ude Oko Chukwu, will inaugurate the committee via zoom on Tuesday, 18th August, 2020, by 6pm Nigeria time.
Barr. Chris Ezem
Secretary to the State Government
More information at http://www.abiastatediaspora.com