The Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation Germany (NIDOG) has announced the funeral arrangement for the late Dr Daniel Yakubu Kutchin, who was found dead in his apartment in the German city of Mönchengladbach on 7 August.
The body of the Nigerian nuclear physicist and IT expert will be laid to rest in Mönchengladbach on 2 October, NIDOG announced on Monday.
In a statement signed by Dr RosaLyn Dressman, the president of the organisation, the funeral provides an opportunity for the friends and associates of Dr Kutchin to pay their last respect to the eminent Nigerian.
According to the announcement, the remains of the deceased will be laid to rest at the main cemetery of Mönchengladbach after a short funeral service. NIDOG calls on Nigerians to attend the event to honour a worthy compatriot who dedicated his life to the progress of the Nigerian community and his home country.
NIDOG also used the announcement to make a donation call to the Nigerian community as the organisation will be responsible for all the expenses associated with the funeral, including the visit from Nigeria of a brother of Dr Kutchin who will represent their family at the event.
“NIDOG appeals for donation from members of NIDOG and the Nigerian community in general to enable it foot the costs of the funeral,” the organisation said.
“As time is of the essence, please make a donation as soon as possible,” NIDOG appeals to Nigerians in Germany.
- Funeral Information:
- Date: Wednesday, 2 October 2019
- Venue: Friedhof, Viersenerstr. 292, 41063 Mönchengladbach
- Time: 11am
- Please make your contribution into the following account indicating the reference “Dr Daniel Kutchin’s Funeral”:
- Name: Nigerians in Diaspora Organisation e.V. Germany
- IBAN: DE 72100100100504126104
- For further information, please contact
- Dr RosaLyn Dressman, President, NIDOG
- Phone: +491624336964
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org