The FrauenComputerZentrumBerlin e.V. is offering a free digital empowerment training program to improve the media competence of women migrants and refugees in the city.
The course, which begins on 12 August, aims at improving the computer and language skills of the participants, who will learn how the Internet, computer and smartphone work and how they can use these technologies independently to inform themselves, learn German and look for job, among others.
– Introduction to Learning Software
– Use of Internet, computer and smartphone
– E-mail, Internet research, office programs, Apps etc.
– German language exercises for everyday life and work, e.g. in online language learning courses
– Online consulting and information services of the city of Berlin
Migrant and refugee women, irrespective of their residence status, can attend the course, called DIGITAL EMPOWERMENT: MEDIENKOMPETENZ FÜR GEFLÜCHTETE FRAUEN, which is free of any charges.
Due to the high demand and limited available places, interested participants are advised to call and register by telephone. “We are happy to discuss individual solutions with each woman. We will advise you on the conditions of participation and support you with technical questions,” the organisers said.
FrauenComputerZentrumBerlin e.V. (FCZB)
Cuvrystraße 1, 10997 Berlin
Phone: 030 61 79 700